LCS: Stuck on Step 3 “Stop script for service model: AOSService on machine:”
While installing a new application package via LCS, I faced an issue where the process was stuck on step 3 (like shown in the screenshot below). No error or failure status was provided and the log was not populated, either.
What happened on step 3?
When I took a look into the runbook, the process wanted to stop the AOS services on a given machine.
On an one-box, the following services should be present:
- World wide web publishing service
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Batch Management Service
- Management Reporter 2012 Process Service
So it seemed like the deployment process had problems with stopping one or more of the services above.
It also seems like the Batch service will not always shutdown without error – you could try to kill it manually and restart the deployment.
- Any Powershell / ISE open?
- Any VS open?
- Can the deployment process stop the Batch service?
Hope that will help you. All infos provided without liability – try at your own risk.